Starting and stopping the bot
- Blocking the bot is not necessary to stop it.
- Click "View Run Pages" below. Make sure the correct wiki is selected from the drop-down menu at the top.
- If the page says: "This wiki is: Enabled"
- To disable the bot, write the reason why the bot should be disabled, then click "Disable".
- Leave a message on User talk:InternetArchiveBot explaining why you disabled the bot. Include bad edits that have been made.
- If the page says: "This wiki is: Disabled"
- To enable the bot, write the reason why the bot should be enabled, then click "Enable".
- First, make sure the bot has consensus to run on your wiki. Follow your wiki's bot policies.
- If the bot was disabled due to bugs such as making incorrect edits, make sure those bugs have been fixed first.
- If the bot is blocked, please leave a message at User talk:InternetArchiveBot immediately.
- Even if the bot is not running on a given wiki, the Internet Archive create archives of almost every new external link added to every Wikimedia wiki, and has been since 2013. If a bot is blocked or disabled on a wiki, it does not stop this work.
Configuring the bot
The bot's behavior can be changed to suit the wikis needs. This is done by updating values in on the configuration page of the interface. Click the link below to access the configuration page. Make sure the correct wiki is selected from the drop-down menu at the top. Only administrators can edit the configuration for a given wiki.
Requesting specific articles
You can use the Analyze a Page interface to fix dead links, or to add archive links to all links, on a specific page. Edits made using this tool will be attributed to you. Make sure the correct wiki is selected from the drop-down menu at the top.
You can also queue the bot to run on multiple pages. These articles will be added to InternetArchiveBot's queue of edits to make.